Comparatively good day but still bloody horrible. Supposed to start at 7.00 but were invited outside at 6.45.

Farmer made daily contribution by blaming us for the fact that he had forgotten to change our gas canister. Only four days left now, thank God.

I am really going to appreciate Kenya now. I just can't wait to leave this fucking place. I'm fed up with getting up early, fed up with the cold nights and mornings, fed up with the boring work, fed up with making the same old meals on our stove (no oven or grill provided). Until this final week it was easy to laugh and joke about our situation. Now we are just too pissed off with it. I don't see how I can avoid getting incredibly drunk on Friday night.

I've decided not to send the "Alistair Ham" poem to the office. It is more pathetic than funny. In fact it is hardly funny at all.

I'm even starting occasionally to resent Godwin now, which is absolutely stupid.

I really don't know if I am going to benefit from this month at Ein Yahav or not. All I will have gained at the end will be 1,000 shekels, knackered hands, and the knowledge that I hate repetitive, manual work.

Comments